How to Apply
Read this Patient Information before you start using Climara Pro and each time you get a refill.
There may be new information. This information does not take the place of talking to your Healthcare Provider about your menopausal symptoms or your treatment.
Throwing away your used patch.
When it is time to change your patch, remove the old patch before you apply a new patch.
To throw away the patch, fold the sticky side of the patch together, place it in a sturdy, childproof container, and place this container in the trash. Used patches should not be flushed in the toilet.
How should I use
- Use Climara Pro exactly as your Healthcare Provider tells you to use it.
- Climara Pro is for skin use only.
- Change your Climara Pro patch 1 time each week or every 7 days.
- Apply your Climara Pro patch to a clean, dry area on your lower abdomen or buttocks. This area must be clean, dry, and free of powder, oil or lotion for your patch to stick to your skin.
- Apply your Climara Pro patch to a different area of your abdomen or your buttocks each time. Do not use the same application site 2 times in the same week.
- Do not apply Climara Pro to your breasts.
- If you forget to apply a new Climara Pro, you should apply a new patch as soon as possible.
- You and your Healthcare Provider should talk regularly (every 3 to 6 months) about the dose you are using and whether you still need treatment with Climara Pro.
How do I change
- When changing Climara Pro, peel off the used patch slowly from the skin.
- After removal of Climara Pro, people usually have either no adhesive residue or light adhesive residue. If any adhesive residue remains on your skin after removing the patch, allow the area to dry for 15 minutes. Then, gently rub the area with an oil-based cream or lotion to remove the adhesive from your skin.
- Keep in mind, the new patch must be applied to a different skin area of your lower abdomen or buttocks. This area must be clean, dry, and free of powder, oil or lotion. The same site should not be used again for at least 1 week after removal of the patch.
- Click here for full instructions in the full Prescribing Information.